Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Another Beautiful Place

So, when we lived outside of Naples, we'd get up on a Saturday morning and one of us would say, "I think this is a Sorrento day." We were spoiled, that's true but it would have been a shame to not enjoy the experience. Today is a Sorrento day but not like others we'd experienced. It's dreary and rainy. That doesn't mean it's not beautiful though.
Anne and Gordon have picked out the beautiful places we've stayed so far and this place is freaking amazing! I really can't believe we are staying in another beautiful place!
So we left Tuscany yesterday. I was quite sad. I could live there! I want to learn to cook wild boar! We drove to Daruta to check out pottery. They had lots of beautiful things but no money passed our hands. I've spent 25 years thinking about what I'd buy there and bought nothing! (Sorry tb).
We arrived in our old neighborhood just after the sun went down. We couldn't really figure the place out...It's changed a bit. We had reservations at a local hotel. We weren't sure were it was even though there was a sign. Anne and I sat in the car looking at each other like, "I'm not staying here!" It was dark and dirty and scary and creepy. Luckily, it wasn't the hotel...it was down the road a bit. And it was fine.
We asked for a pizza place and the desk clerk recommended one down the road as the best one or the one across the street. You know that we could not find the one down the street so we picked up pizza from Ernies across the street. I don't know if it was good or if I was just hungry! We ate it and drank wine in our room at the hotel.
We woke up to a less scary neighborhood...the day light helps. We found our old home and took pics. The hotel was built in the parco where Ben went preschool, were one of his pals lived and were Paul and I went for cooking school dinners.
We drove up to Gaeta and had lunch. By then we needed to get to our next home-away-from-home.
We are hanging out waiting for dinner-time overlooking the Bay of Naples. Dang...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds sweet! Let me know when we move to Tuscany?!

    ReplyDelete