Friday, October 14, 2016

Tuscany

Picture this... rolling hills, olive orchards, grape vines with leaves that are just beginning to turn yellow, small towers with that squared off edge you see on castles, homes with tiled roofs and golden yellow walls...well, that's where we are! We are not under the Tuscan Sun though...It's kind of drippy. It's ok!
This morning Paul and I walked through Florence to pick up a rental car. That's always fun to do in another country. We figured that we'd take the car back to the apartment to pick up Anne and Gordon and the luggage. That didn't work because we were not allowed to drive in the historic part if the city. When your apartment is around the corner from the Duomo, it's historic! So we parked on the edge of the city. I waited with the car while Paul went to get Anne, Gordon and our luggage. While sitting in the car watching a man plaster the wall of a school (you know I loved that), I noticed that all the cars were being ticketed. I didn't know why, so I drove the car in circles back and forth over the Arno River for thirty minutes...I was fine as long as I remembered that I was driving a manual transmission vehicle.
We got on the way. We stopped for a wine tasting and tour of the Verrazzano winery (so fun) and after a zillion turns, missed roads and oddball signs we made it to a little town called Gaville. We are the only guests in the B&B. We will be joining the town leaders for dinner tonight! I wasn't sure that I would be able to stay up and post after dinner! So we are catching up on email in the library. Not too shabby for middle-class Americans!
I'll post  our photos tomorrow. It's a process that will require more brains than I have now.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like something from a movie. Winery and a B&B?!?!?! A perfect vacation for you.

    ReplyDelete