Thursday, October 13, 2016

Firenze giorno finale

It's our last day Florence. It's a good thing, too! I have seen all the paintings I can handle.
Today we began with espresso in the apartment and biscotti that was purchased from the market yesterday. Not a bad way to begin the day!
We went to the biggest museum today. The Uffizi. Michelangelo, Raphael, Botticelli, da Vinci...dang! It kind of blew my mind. I had to sit down and clear my head! Dude!
We ate lunch at a lovely little restaurant. The family has a nice little vineyard and is quite famous. Have you heard of the Verrazzano bridge? They sailed into the New York harbor (1500s) and ended up with a bridge named after them! We had a tray of mixed focaccia sandwiches and a bottle of their wine. Holy Yumminess!
We hope to visit their winery during the next couple of days.
Finally we made it to Galileo's museum. I was in a bit of a food coma and couldn't concentrate. I almost fell asleep on a chair watching a video. I don't remember a thing I saw!
We had our daily stop for gelato and a walk in drizzling rain before going to wine school where we became experts in Tuscan wine. Ask us anything! 😉
Tomorrow we head to an apartment in the Tuscan hills for a few days of relaxing and probably more eating and drinking!
Off to pack so we can get up early to rent our car!🏡🚗

No comments:

Post a Comment