Saturday, October 15, 2016

touring the countryside

As soon as my phone charges, I'll load the picks...it's quite a process...It's easier to write this on the Kindle. The photos are on the camera and they connect to the phone better... technology...
Last night's dinner was amazing. It was a full Italian style dinner. Our host, his website http://www.villapoggiodigaville.com, is quite the cook! Check out the explanations with the pictures.
We beautiful rooms with private baths. Our shower is so small, I was afraid that if I dropped the soap, I'd never be able to pick it up! There will be no smooth legs unless I use the bidet!
We took a tour around the Chianti Classico area, not to be confused with the Chianti area (I'll be happy to explain this personally). I know that the photos that I will share will not do it justice. Anne and I kept looking at each other with 'wow' expressions. Every time we turned a corner, there was something more beautiful-breathtaking.
We did a wine tasting tour that was so-so and now that we are such experts in wine from this region, we were a bit disappointed. 😉
We had a late-ish lunch of pizza and wine, so we didn't want to eat a big dinner. We bought some prosciutto, salami, mozzarella and bread. Oh, yeah... We drank wine too!
My other sister-in-law has said for years that she wanted to rent a house here and hang out. Paul and I weren't sure about that. What would we do? Tracy, I'm sorry...you were right! It would be wonderful. I had no idea... we'd only driven through on the autostrada...and we were kids!! What did we know? It's unbelievably beautiful!
Tomorrow we will drive around in our Renault.

No comments:

Post a Comment